Benefits of a Massage
WHAT ARE THE BENEFITS OF MASSAGE?
- Increases circulation
- Helps to lower blood pressure
- Decreases stress
- Helps to lessen depression and anxiety
- Boosts immunity
- Helps to minimize injury in athletes
- Helps to minimize healing time due to injury
- Helps to alleviate headaches
- Increases joint flexibility and reduces pain
- Breaks down scar tissue
- Helps to alleviate nerve pain, such as sciatica
- Induces relaxation to help with sleeping disorders
- Reduces swelling
- Assists in minimizing chronic pain
- Increases range of motion
WHO SHOULD GET MASSAGES?
EVERYONE! From the time we’re born, our bodies NEED human touch. As babies, we need it to grow physically, mentally and emotionally. When we get older, the only difference is that we FORGET we have to continue to nurture that need in order for our bodies to feel balanced. Massage isn’t just for splurging by going to the spa once a year, it should be incorporated into our daily lives just like exercise and healthy eating. By receiving massage on a regular basis, we can all live a better quality of life.
Most day spas charge extra for different types of massage, such as deep tissue. At Balanced, we believe you shouldn’t have to pay “extra” because you like more pressure than someone else. Our therapists are trained to apply the type of pressure that’s right for YOU. Whether you are sensitive, and like a very light touch, or you need someone that can get in there, and work on specific trouble areas, Balanced will tailor EVERY massage to your specific needs. You don’t have to worry about choosing the ”wrong” type of massage. Your therapist is trained to listen to you and adjust the massage accordingly.